Instrumental Lessons at Seal Music Studio
Percussion lessons with John Seal & clarinet and piano lessons with Julie Seal.
We believe in a student-centred approach to music education. Our aim is to work together with you, or with your child and you, to make learning an instrument an enjoyable, educational and successful experience.
Safety & Availability
- Street parking is available.
- Our teaching rooms are dedicated music areas.
- 20 minutes for the young child.
- 30 minutes for the older beginner.
- 45 minutes for an experienced player.
Group piano lessons may be available in the future – please keep in touch to find out about these details.
Parental attendance at lessons
- We request that parents attend lessons with younger children (five to ten years). This will greatly facilitate learning for your child.
- For students aged ten to 13 we request parental attendance at two lessons a term.
- For young children, 1 or 2 sessions of 5 minutes practice a day is great, but more if they wish, of course. This can be increased when more instrumental facility is acquired.
- For an older or beginner adult student, at least 30 minutes practice, five times a week will usually determine good progress.
- For the advanced student, an hour or more is recommended five times per week.
Instrumental Lesson Pricing
- $20 per 20 minutes
- $30 per 30 minutes
- $45 per 45 minutes
- $60 per 60 minutes
Staying home if you or your child is unwell
- Please let us know as soon as you can if you or your child is sick and cannot attend a lesson.
- 24 hours notice is preferred, but, in the case of a sick child, on the morning.
- If no notice is given, the lesson will be charged.
Make up lessons
If you miss a lesson through illness, we will make every attempt to arrange you another time.
Photos and Video footage
Occasionally, with your permission, we may wish to take photos in lessons for use in promotional material.
Parent to parent to student recommendation
- This is our most effective form of advertising! Where an enrolled student refers another student to our instrumental program and they subsequently enrol, both families are entitled to a $10 deduction from their next term payment.
Thanks for enrolling in our instrumental lessons. We look forward to a positive and enjoyable musical experience with you and your child.